Heating system not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a microbore system with Potterton Gas Heating - It is conventional setup with exansion tanks and immersion heater tank. Recently the system has starting banging loudly so I checked for air locks. What I mistook for the 'hiss' of the radiator being bled turned out to be the 'hiss' of the system sucking in air so it's not filling although the loft tank works OK. The banging turned out to be boiling water in the expansion pipe discharging into the tank. I have neither central heating or hot water so if you can shed any light on this I would be very grateful. Thanks Steve

Sponsored Links
Indeed - try it with a magnet round the pipe , it`ll find the metallic c*** inside blocking it

Try venting it with everything turned off, so that the pump is not running. That can cause a vacuum.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back