Help.. Glow worm flexicom 15hx showing F1 fault..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone offer any ideas of whats up with my boiler.

It's about 6 yrs old... and I've been getting f22 f25 on and off for about 2 yrs.. nothing picked up on annual service... I just turn it off and on again and it works fine... just learnt to live with it.

However yesterday it came up with F1 fault... and I've tried turn off and on to reset and nothing.. it's not even trying to fire up :(

Had a couple of friends of friends (who are plumbers) look at it but they seem a little useless tbh...

One of them had a quick look and said it could be the PCB
and the other one seems to think it's the pump thingy is dead so boiler won't respond....

Its not blocked, I have gas

Please help.....

Oh just to add.. the reset button is broken so I turn it off at the mains to reset

Sponsored Links
To be honest you would be better off getting a proper heating engineer to diagnose the fault. Sounds like your plumber friends are just guessing.

Please can anyone offer any ideas of whats up with my boiler.

It's about 6 yrs old... and I've been getting f22 f25 on and off for about 2 yrs.. nothing picked up on annual service... I just turn it off and on again and it works fine... just learnt to live with it.

However yesterday it came up with F1 fault... and I've tried turn off and on to reset and nothing.. it's not even trying to fire up :(

Had a couple of friends of friends (who are plumbers) look at it but they seem a little useless tbh...

One of them had a quick look and said it could be the PCB
and the other one seems to think it's the pump thingy is dead so boiler won't respond....

Its not blocked, I have gas

Please help.....

Oh just to add.. the reset button is broken so I turn it off at the mains to reset

If I told you the correct diagnosis what would you do with that information?

You need someone to repair the reset first, an electrical interruption won't sort it. Then you can get a decent heating guy in to replace one of the ignition components and thermistors.

Sponsored Links
as correctly stated above, you need the reset button to be working correctly before testing can accurately tell you the fault.

Going back to your previous issues of F22 and F25, these arent down to a fault with the boiler but an issue with lack of circulation through the system. F25 is telling you that the flow and return are too far apart in temperature and F22 is that its not getting up to temperature quickly enough (no heat getting out of the H/EX) - both faults are with the system.

The F1 fault is an ignition failure, you wont be able to see much from this until you can reset it. It could well be a 1 off fault that just needs resetting. its nothing to do with the pump. its a gas fault. The pump could cause the above issues i mentioned.

Get someone in to fix the reset issue (im guessing - but have you been abit harsh on it with a pen :LOL: ) then you can see what it does, but you will need a gas safe registered engineer on the job if it carries on.

i hope this helps

NB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back