Help!! Ideal Isar HE24 working but display dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As in the title, our boiler seems to be working but there's nothing displayed on the control panel at all. Does anyone know whether the main PCB is likely to be dead or is it just the front panel?? I've probed the cable linking the front panel to the PCB and a couple of the pins are showing ~4.5V so there must be something being output from the main PCB. The controls are not working at all though and it feels as if the water temp is turned up to max. :confused:

Any help?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
dont waste your money on a display
hire a engineer who can fix the fault instead of throwing money at parts,

The display panel is not a serviceable part.

It's not a uncommon fault, that's why ideal now issue revised versions of the PCb and display panels :)

Sponsored Links
The problem might only be a water damaged back to back connector behind the display.

They conveniently fit an auto air vent above it to drip and cause damage.

Tony

Thanks guys, I'll try a new display as they aren't very expensive and its easy enough without needing a plumber! Can't see any water damage though, I've checked all the connectors and they seem fine, fingers crossed its only the display that's faulty.

Will report back when it arrives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back