help with dishwasher waste pipe installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

we got a new dishwasher today and want some help with waste pipe installation. not too keen to call in a plumber for this so wanted to ask here.

If you cant see photos here is the link to my album:
//www.diynot.com/network/xyz321/albums/

am attaching photos of the sink spigot and dishwasher pipe. question is simple in that how do i connect these two together? they are of different diameter? do i need a different spigot or clip or something else?

I am also attaching a photo extracted from manual regarding point 3 in installation step below.

Secondly here is an extract from dishwasher manual (Zanussi ZDf 2020)

1) Connect the water drain hose to the sink spigot.

2) The internal diameter must not be smaller than the diameter
of the hose.

3) If you connect the water drain hose to a trap spigot under the sink, remove the plastic membrane (A) (see photo). If you do not remove the membrane, remaining food can cause a blockage in the drain hose spigot.

So questions are:

1) how to connect waste water pipe to spigot?
2) what is this third point? What is a trap spigot?
3) stupid question, but the orange insert seen in photos needs to be removed right? or is it to be used to somehow connect the wastepipe to spigot?

Sponsored Links

so i connect waste pipe from diwasher to the smaller end of this spigot and other end goes into the sink spigot right? If the waste pipe going OVER the spigot without any clamping then doesnt the water leak? how are the pipes actually held in place?

is it something similar to this then? just that i dont want to wait to order on ebay.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Pushfit/Spigot Reducer/d20/sd3143/p39589

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Is it too big?
They come in different sizes. Get the one which fits your waste pipe.

thought would just give an update.

i couldnt find the one with right size so decided to replace entire kitchen trap. so got one from screwfix and the dishwasher connection from that was removable and right size. so only replaced that part. thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back