Help with wall hung toilet seals/gasket.. confused!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can give me some advise here on what I thought would be an easy thing to research :)

I am trying to replace a wall hung toilet, it has an inlet and outlet pipe behind it that are the same dimensions as the current wall hung toilet so could use the same seals, however i want to buy new ones and assume this is the right thing to do anyway?

However I dont really understand exactly what type of connectors or seals that I need to order and not sure if i am getting conflicting info online about US and UK type toilets.

I would like to just take off the current toilet and have a look whats there, but am worried that it might break the seals and i wont be able use them agan to put old toilet or new toilet on again, leaving me bogless lol.

Can anyone tell me what seals I need to buy and where i might be able to buy then online? The toilet i ordered is below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290941102644?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks for any help you can give! :?:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You will have a pan connector - connects the spigot on the pan to the waste stack. The type of connector will vary depending on where the stack is in relation to the pan but replacements are easy to source.

You will also have a flush-pipe connector - connects the cistern flush-pipe to the inlet on the back of the pan. Again quite a few to choose from but you can source replacement easily.

You should replace both seals - either post photos when you remove the old pan or visit a decent local plumber merchant.

Do the work early in the day so you will know what to buy from shop while open.

Can you see or access to pan connector other way? Maybe around cistern?

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
get yourself a 4" Multikwik , you can get them as flexi or straight , or angled
take a look at bes.co.uk
look for viva pan connectors, plenty to choose from :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back