Hi, I have a 2 year old Ferroli Optimax HE Plus 31 C boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is making a humming noise that makes you feel like you have tinitus. It only makes the noise when the radiators are on and the noise stops when the hot water is running. It then starts again when the taps are off. I have tried bleeding the radiators and also turning off the stop tap to the house, running the hot until its empty and turning back on again. Needless to say this didn't work. Any clues? :(

Sponsored Links
Get a gas safe registered engineer in to have a look at it. Could be a problem with the combustion settings which are not a DIY fix.

do you think this will be covered under warranty? My plumber that fitted it says I need to call them out. thanks

Sponsored Links
Worth a try but they may say it's something that should be rectified when it's serviced.

no, i've had it serviced last year and just a couple of weeks ago, so it's never gone over a year with no service.

Well two years for a Ferolli isn't bad.

You can call them, but I doubt you'll get much joy plus I think they take a credit card deposit regardless of warranty status - so you can bet the chap that turns out will be under orders to find ANYTHING they can wrong with the job to get out of a warranty claim.

And being a Ferrolli, by definition there will be plenty of corners cut; so they WILL find something.

Get your installer back and check the combustion levels.

It is also worth checking any differential by-pass if fitted.

my installer has been out today and given it a once over - faulty valve diverter it appears. I am trying to get Ferroli out now. Wish me luck :)

Called Ferroli on Tuesday, they came out Friday - Faulty Valve diverter or was it a diverter valve? Exchanged at no cost. Problem solved. :D

I think it very much depends who is the warranty agent for Ferolli in your area. There's a guy around our area who is very good. He had just taken up the agreement with Ferolli when I called for warranty repairs the 2nd time after the first clowns didn't respond then wanted to take a week.

In fact mine was his very first call out. He came the same day I put the call in. All fixed. I think he checked everything over whilst he was here as it's not causing any problems since.

Would I fit another Ferolli? I don't think so, not after some of the other stories I've heard. I think I've just been very lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back