Honeywell V4073A Valve and 3 way port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Honeywell set up on the T shaped 3 way valve.

Recently started the central heating and it didn't work. Hot water had been working OK up until then but that stopped too.

Very hot water was leaving the boiler and getting to the pump in the airing cupboard but not getting very far past the T shaped valve. Water either side of it was no better than warm.

Plumber came and agreed the 3 way valve was at fault. Not seen him since!!

I took the controller off today and moved the valve manually to both extremes. Hot water still doesn't pass the T valve.

Hence, I think the valve is blocked or broken.

What is the likelihood of this?

Will I need a new one and should the controller still be OK?

Thanks from a cold family :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you could have a blocked cold feed, (not enough water in the system), do you have any manual vents in the airing cupboard (thumb vents)??

its hard to describe because they vary, can you see a brass fitting with a nipple on the end? if not try bleeding an upstairs rad, you want to check if its sucking in air or releasing air or water![/img]

you could have a blocked cold feed, (not enough water in the system), do you have any manual vents in the airing cupboard (thumb vents)??

Not sure about the thumb vents. How would I tell?

Thumbscrew vent.
blr23.jpg

There's not one that I can see

Im thinking I need to drain the system, whip the top off the valve and see if there's any rubbish in there?

Opinions?

Are you quite sure the pump is running 'fine' ?, some boilers will continue to fire and a small amount of circulation may still occur - admittedly the system will be a little (actually a whole lot!) louder.

Thing is the valve you describe is a midposition one, so unlikley that no flow of heat would occur (if the pump is actually circulating the water around...).

Just a few musings.

DH

Are you quite sure the pump is running 'fine' ?, some boilers will continue to fire and a small amount of circulation may still occur - admittedly the system will be a little (actually a whole lot!) louder.

Thing is the valve you describe is a midposition one, so unlikley that no flow of heat would occur (if the pump is actually circulating the water around...).

Just a few musings.

DH

When I put my hand over the pump I can feel the water flowing underneath. The water between it and the T valve is boiling.

In the following picture the water at the green arrow (below the T) is scalding, At the red arrows (to the left and right of the T and where the T is marked 'A' and 'B') it is only warm.

Does that suggest a blockage or something else?

Thanks and hope you can see the image OK - phones with flashes have their uses!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back