how much higher should bleed valve end of radiator be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The instructions that came with a radiator I'm installing say to make sure the brackets are level - but surely the bleed valve end should be slightly higher so I can fill the rad completely? It's one of those radiators where the bleed valve can be installed either end.

Sponsored Links
Always install the rads level. Water pressure will take care of pushing out the air.

Sponsored Links
but don't we want the bleed valve to be at the highest point on the radiator?
Do you want all your rads to look wonky? The bleed valve at the top of a level rad will be fine. Has been that way since the depths of time :confused:

If you're worried, fit a bleed valve at each end. :idea:

Really, it's not necessary - but if it helps you sleep at night. And don't forget to put PTFE tape on your rad valve olive nut threads to complete the look. :LOL:

Wait till the decorators have removed and refitted the radiator, it will be wonky then!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

The instructions that came with a radiator I'm installing say to make sure the brackets are level - but surely the bleed valve end should be slightly higher so I can fill the rad completely? It's one of those radiators where the bleed valve can be installed either end.

There's been countless millions of radiators of this and similar type fitted for years and years. Are you trying to insinuate that after all these rads have been fitted and renewed around the world since the advent of central heating have all had the wrong instructions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back