How to fit bath taps without damaging the bath??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have got a Realm corner bath and the taps are to be fitted along the front so no obstructions and easy access

Question I have is how do I ensure I do not damage the bath or overtighten the taps while ensuring a watertight seal between bath and tap?

Sponsored Links
Just tighen them firmly and the bath with take it. Just don't go mad.
It need to be enough that the taps will not be turned by people turning the actual tap on and off. A squeeze of sealant under the tap will help it grip to
the bath as well.

As above but if you want to know about drilling the holes??: Cover the whole tap area in masking tape. Mark the tail centres on the masking tape, making sure that the back nuts will clear the curve of the bath underneath. Drill pilot holes. Use a hole saw attachment on your drill and drill at high speed but with little pressure (take the weight of the drill with your other hand). When the hole saw finally goes through, the masking tape will prevent any damage to the bath.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Have got a Realm corner bath and the taps are to be fitted along the front so no obstructions and easy access

Question I have is how do I ensure I do not damage the bath or overtighten the taps while ensuring a watertight seal between bath and tap?

Ensure you have a seal/rubber washer under the taps & a top hat washer on the underside.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back