How to free plunger on bath shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The plunger on my bath shower mixer tap has become stuck.....we haven't used it for a few years since putting in an ensuite shower. We'd like to start using it again as the kids are getting older now but the plunger is stuck and will not move. We have tried descaling it from the outside using the usual domestic brands but it refuses to budge.....short of just applying more pressure and risking breaking it anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheers
George

Sponsored Links
It might be worth trying a dam of plasticine or putty around it and filling with de-scaler or White Vinegar overnight to see if it soaks through.

Thanks....looking at the exploded view on shower doctors site it may be that that part is replaceable.

Unscrew the chrome knob to expose the plunger mechanism.
Remove the mechanism and clean, lubricate until obviously free. Replace and away you go.
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Thanks jeff the gasman...I'll have a look tonight to see if I can see how to remove the mechanism.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back