How to get a replacement Corgi certificate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're in the processing of selling our house. The buyers solicitor has asked us to provide the Corgi certificate from when the boiler was fitted in 2006 (when the house was built).

We moved in in 2007 and the certificate was not left by the original owner (we never had to obtain this when we moved in).

I Googled replacement Corgi certificates and this took me to the Corgi replacement cert web page. Great I thought. However I've been trying to get through to them since last week and all you get is an answer phone message saying they can't answer the phone at this time. I've also tried emailing them via their website (two different addresses) but haven't had a reply.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to obtain a Corgi certificate? I was hoping to be able just download the certificate from the website after paying the £35 plus vat charge but it just says you have to call or email them.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
All you can do is keep trying, maybe call gas safe as they took over as govering body and possibly have records, if the boiler was never registered then you could get building control to inspect for around £350

All you can do is keep trying, maybe call gas safe as they took over as govering body and possibly have records, if the boiler was never registered then you could get building control to inspect for around £350

Thanks for replying.

I did actually call Gas Safe this afternoon but they just said that they don't have these records as the boiler was installed before they took over.

Sponsored Links
For less than £70 you can get an indemnity policy. Coupled with your service history altos be enough.

We've only had it serviced once (last year).

I'll get the Corgi document somehow. If it wasn't installed by a Corgi engineer and registered I guess I'll have to get on to the house builder.

I think there is confusion over whether this is actually a legal requirement or not. If you speak with estate agents they will tell you it isn't.

I see no reason at all that the buyers would require this document ? How many people will actually still have the certificate from when it was notified, especially if it was years ago before crazy solicitors even started asking for them !!

I wouldn't waste money trying to obtain the document, just get an engineer in to service the boiler and carry out a landlord gas cert.....and if that doesnt satisfy them then tell themto swivel !

BBH what is the make and model of your boiler. It will be on your maintenance/service sheet if you have one. :unsure:

Shray :rolleyes:
I see no reason at all that the buyers would require this document ?
and if that doesnt satisfy them then tell themto swivel !

Obviously not in the real world. Makes no difference if required or not if that's what the buyer wants then that's what he should get. Telling him to swivel could loose a sale, you must be made of money or living in a tent.

An engineer can check over the installation, test it etc and then register it with gas safe.

He would be taking responsibility for the installation do be prepared for additional costs if any faults are found with the install

Shray :rolleyes:
I see no reason at all that the buyers would require this document ?
and if that doesnt satisfy them then tell themto swivel !

Obviously not in the real world. Makes no difference if required or not if that's what the buyer wants then that's what he should get. Telling him to swivel could loose a sale, you must be made of money or living in a tent.

I live in a tent and therefore made of money because my bills are cheap :D

Btw Its lose not loose ! The buyer could ask you for a copy of the original architects drawings from 1922 but its not a legal requirement so lets not be a clever **** eh !

Or of course just get the indemnity policy😎

How do the indemnity policies work? Haven't come across them before.

They insure against any breach in building regs.

Your solicitor should be able to arrange it - same as worth any double glazing that doesn't have a FENSA certificate.

Some do take the pish though and charge over the odds. I think my windows cost £35 to cover.

Yes he could and to see mining activities going back long time if requested.

Anything is possible, if you told me to swing I promise not to go off like a lose cannon however I wouldn't buy your property. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back