how to repressurise Boiler (pics included)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys every few months I have realised the pressure drops from 2 to 1. I cant seem to find any leaks or wet parts around the house near piping or heating....

anyways how do I fill the boiler pressure up?? If someone can point it out on the pics I would be grateful.... also if someone can tell which is the drainage cock , it would be much apreciated....

View media item 59783
View media item 59784
The one with Blue circle is acces to water that goes out in the garden (tap outside in garden)

View media item 59785
View media item 59786

Sponsored Links
it goes to 0.75 most

okay but for future purposes ... how do i represurise? n drain it?

Not the question you are asking, but :
a) you seem to have a lack of pipe insulation - it's amazing how much heat is lost through radiation.
b) the bonding links only appear to couple the various lines together - is there an actual earth line back to your consumer unit (other than the earth in the flexible power cable)

The flexible tube connected to the two black valves is probably the charging line. Both valves are operated to charge the system. (one fully open, the other "cracked" to control charge rate)

Sponsored Links
The 3 RED circled items are you d.o.c

To fill the boiler open the the black tap under the boiler that is connected to the silver braided flexible hose

thanks for that. Do i need to connect anything to repressurise the boiler other than the current setup its on....

and what are D.O.Cs?

You need to open the little black tap on the left hand end of the braided hose and then pull the lever that is on the valve at the other end downwards, until it is facing straight down.

The 3 RED circled items are you d.o.c

To fill the boiler open the the black tap under the boiler that is connected to the silver braided flexible hose

also theres 2 black taps which one shall i open

The black taps are your filling valves. Open them both. when at 1 bar, shut them both. DOCs are drain off cocks. Mini drains. Drain points. :D

okay thanks guys.... I have 4 floors. with 10 rads in total in the house. Why is 1 pressure best? Normally it''s around 1.5-2 and drops down to 0.75 to 1 after a few months.

is 1 the standard for most homes?

thanks guys really appreciate the advice. before i got to repressurise the boiler. there was a red light indicating theres a fault with the boiler. so consequently there's not hot water. i repressurised the boiler to 1.5 and in still getting through same error. I've turned through boiler off several times n put it back on n its still giving the error. i have no idea what's wrong with. i hope someone can shed some light on this n possibly provide me with a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back