Ideal ICOS M3080 Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved into a new house with an Ideal ICOS M3080 condensing boiler supplying a hot water storage tank.

Both are sited in cupboards at either end of the upstairs landing, but that may be neither here nor there.

The boiler comes on when programmed just fine, it ignites and displays a "c" on the display and the LED is on continuously. However, after a couple of minutes the boiler cuts off. The display still shows "c" and the LED flashes on and off. After a few minutes it fires up again and repeats the cycle until the programmer turns off the hot water demand.

My gut feeling is that the boiler is getting too hot and cutting out to cool off for a moment. The user guide says that if the boiler overheat thermostat kicks in then the display shows fault code "l" "A". Which doesn't happen, and so my gut instinct seems a bit off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it's quite a pain having to have the hot water switched on for hours just to do the same amount of heating up that a full time boiler could do in 30 minutes!

Thanks[/i]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler sat up to MAX - at the current setting it may not be hot enough to satisfy the cylinder stat at 60' on a Condensing boiler the Max setting is usually only around 70-75' ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back