Ideal logic combi +24. DHW and CH randomly stop working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

I have an ideal logic +24 boiler which is 13 months old. As stated in title, the DHW and CH randomly stops working. It displays a message saying the water pressure is low and to bleed radiators. Ive bled all radiators and the pressure is fine (1.75 cold and 2 when in use when it works). The only other things I can add is that when the water is working, it goes stone cold after about 3-5 mins and, i dont know if this has any relevance but my condensate pipework is connected to my sink/washing machine drain inside, and sometimes when you pour water down the sink the boiler gurgles.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Still under warranty if serviced when it was 1 year old and installed by a gas safe engineer properly.

Its still under warranty if its serviced within first 2 years. Problem I have is getting an engineer out at this time of year and the reason I came on here to ask was incase it could have been something simple that could have been easily fixed

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its still under warranty if its serviced within first 2 years. Problem I have is getting an engineer out at this time of year and the reason I came on here to ask was incase it could have been something simple that could have been easily fixed

Thanks

Just ring ideal up. You could ask them at the same time if is is something simple to fix as its close to christmas. If it is something you can do they will tell you what is wrong.

I would try and disconnect the condensate and run into a bucket to
remove this as a possible cause. Sounds like a faulty pressure switch in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back