Intergas - off Centre Flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi forum,

Still looking at narrowing down my choice of potential boiler to get fitted.

Ive noticed the Intergas combi's have an off centre outlet at the top.

My previous Potterton had a central flue.... which seems common in many other boilers.

Is there a flue adapter that will allow the outlet to be positioned where the existing hole in my kitchen ceiling is (or near enough) thus minimising any extra work in ceiling plastering and where the flue exits the roof above?

if so can anone link to the part in questions so I can have a look?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers guys. Your help is much appreciated.

While I'm asking questions about Intergas combis... What's the situation with regards warranty if its installed by a gas safe installer who hasn't been on an intergas course?

Thanks

These are awesome boilers; but as your water is really hard you need to either Weather comp it or set the heating running temperature to about 60 or 65.

Unless of course you have a water softener.

Just checked around ... it seems to be this:

10 year warranty on the heat exchanger
2 year warranty on parts
3 year warranty on parts if warranty card registered
5 YEAR WARRANTY IF INSTALLER IS PLATINUM 5 RATED

;)

Out of interest... what are the Intergas exchanges made out of?

Seen that aluminium exchanges on Worcesters seem to have issues, and a reason why some prefer Vaillant with their stainless steel ones.

Big lump of Aluminium. But the big difference is that the waterways are made of copper tube.

Best of both worlds, although does take a little extra cleaning over the SS units from Vaillant. Certainly nothing to worry about though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back