LANDIS GYR RWB2 CLOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Had the gas board in to service my old glow worm boiler, now the clock lights are on when the switches are off and when you turn them on to override the clock the lights go out. any idea's as the last three gas fitters did not have a clue HELP PLEASE.

Sponsored Links
What did the service engineer do? He must have changed the wiring, or changed a component such as a motorised valve.

There is a way of wiring the programmer so that the lights stay on if the system isn't calling for heat, but when the system does come on the lights should stay on, not go out, so summat wrong there.

If you can find the original instructions for the programmer, you could check the wiring yourself, but if British Gas (?) messed it up, they are liable for fixing it.

My (balanced flue) gas boiler hasn't been serviced in 21 years, works perfectly and has never gone wrong. Annual servicing? Jobs for the boys....

Ivor

U idiot ivor I am speechless :evil:
Depends on the boiler.
Oil? Annual.
Conventional flue, scope for stuff falling down the flue, maybe.
Modern boiler with (excessive) electronic gubbins, probably.
But my 1991 boiler which works or doesn't, and the flame colour can be seen through the little window, I don't think so...and my 1982/91 boiler also not, although I did once have to replace the flame failure sensor.

One reason I decided not to put CH in my new house is the excessive complication of modern appliances... like modern cars... which I also don't and won't have. Mind you, having spent all day yesterday underneath my old Landrover trying to fix the wiring, there were moment when I wished for a modern car. :)

Ivor

Sponsored Links
This boiler is a Glow Worm 45-60 CF 1975 AVA the only thing that was changed was the Transformer but lights went all to cock with the first fitter poking about behind the clock cover, problem is I can find a internal wiring diagram for the boiler, not for the pump and stat but the actual clock to see why the lights are woking in reverse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back