Leaking Toilet Sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet pan connector has a very small leak, no more than the size of a pea, in the 6 O Clock position. It doesn't leak all the time, over about 4 days its less than half a cup full.

Is there a good waterproof sealer that I can use to stop it, or any other ideas. I'd rather not replace the pan connector if I can help it.

Sponsored Links
You could maybe get away with a smear of silicone sealer, but at the end of the day a new pan connector is needed, really......the lips of the seal tend to be pushed back on fitting, and don't like to be disturbed!
John :)

Agreed, sealant rarely works for this. New connector required.

You don't say whether you have a modern plastic self-sealing type or an old fashioned cast iron sealed by putty type. If it's the former then change it, if it's the latter then you can rake out the putty and re-do it.

Sponsored Links
If its a straight plastic pan connector, you might get away with rotating it 180 degrees so that the leak is in the 12 o'clock position. Then use a sealant around the top, but it has to be perfectly dry to work and don't flush the toilet for a couple of hours. much better to replace it though.

Thanks guys. Took your advice and replaced it, it was a lot a easier than I thought. Not a peep since!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back