Luke Warm Showers - Thermostatic Mixer Shower - Bosch 28 cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a moretti thermostatic mixer shower using 15mm plastic feeds from the hot and cold supplies, the shower is located directly aboove the boiler location but I dont seem to be able to get a hot hot shower, i do have a very high cold water pressure to the house and when I increase the water temperature on the boiler I get boiling hot water both at the bathroom sink and at the kitchen sink, I suspect that the cold water pressure is overpowering the hot feed, is there anything I can do to reduce the cold water pressure to increase the temperature.......look forward to the newbie help,,,,thanks

Sponsored Links
Your shower should have check valves, if not fit some on the pipe work.

Also check any filters are not blocked.

Andy

is the shower piped up correctly? hot on the left, cold on the right.

yep already corrected that mistake, thanks for suggestion, if i throttle back the flow control to just about on, i get piping hot showers which makes me think i need to attempt to close off the cold feed a little with a service valve ??

Sponsored Links
Your shower should have check valves, if not fit some on the pipe work.

Also check any filters are not blocked.

Andy

difficult the check the filters i think as the guts of the mixer valve is buried in a stud partition behind tiles..... i dont have any valves inline in the pipe work but are you suggesting to put in service valves so that i can adjust the flow on the cold feed, as i have just written in a separate reply if i close the flow valve on the shower mixer i get higher temperatures which makes me think the cold water which is very high flow may be overworking the temperature mechanism on the mixer valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back