M96.24SM/C BIASI RIVA COMPACT HE FAULT LIGHTS FLASHING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a biasi m96.24sm/c RIVA COMPACT HE combi boiler i believe it was fitted in 2007/8 new system then with all new rads.

The boiler fires up for dhw and c/h but in both cases only lasts for 10 seconds and then the flame goes out. Not always, but mostly the red light in the middle comes on with both green lights flashing. I reset and it will do the same thing every time. Always stays on for seven to ten seconds and goes out. The pressure is 1 bar. The tenent decided to up the presure to two bars before calling me out so i have drained back to 1 bar. It did work for a day but now is exactly the same.

There is a sensor (presume temp sensor) to the left of the boiler with a blue conector on it and i was wandering if this could be the culprit if it is telling the boiler that the water is already hot enough!

I have looked at previous posts and the only one i could see where it might be similar, the condensing pipe was mentioned being frozen. The pipe is not frozen as the temp outside is 10 degrees but i am now wandering if there is sediment in the u part. Could this be the problem or am i miles off. I have had boilers before where there has been filters to take out and clean, does this boiler have one.

Any advise greatly received

I hope someone can help.

Dean

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you need a boiler engineer.

All you can safely do is to see if the condensate is draining away correctly.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick response. I was hoping you may have ideas of what it might be. I have a gas safe plumber coming round this afternoon, but on the phone he is talking about cleaning the burners and the like. My gut feeling is that this is not the problem and he might be just trying to add work. The boiler is fairly new and has done little work. It has been serviced in the past.

Any information that may help, could speed up the process when he comes round. Does it sound like it could be a pcb problem. You normaly have some good ideas when anyone posts a problem!

Dean

I dont know what the problem is without being in front of the boiler.

Sounds like a plumber rather than an up to date boiler engineer. Cleaning burners is what they used to do to old boilers 10 years and more ago!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Are there any internal filters that can be cleaned. My parents have a SIME and i have had to drain and clean out a filter on two occassions to get it to run successfuly.

Boiler now seems to be working as it should for the time being without doing anything. The hot water and c/h are both working. When it goes wrong it is both that play up identical. Could this narrow down what the problem might be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back