Main Combi E30 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how I can find a water leak that is underground?
The reason I ask is that I have a main boiler that I have to refill everyday now (gradually got worse over the weeks) There is no water coming from the pipes outside ( pressure release thingy) as I have tied a bag on the end and nothing has come out. Obviously there is no water leaking upstairs so I can only assume I have a leak under the concrete floor somewhere.
I have noticed that one of my double glassing window is steaming up in between the glass. Could the leak be around that area?

I appreciate anyones help/comments.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the leak, but the double glazed unit will be misting up between the panes because the seal has gone allowing the vacuum to escape and moist air to enter. I've had two go this last winter. Both only 6 years old.

+1 re the double-glazed sealed units. Simple to replace but nothing to do with a leak.

When you say 'underground' do you mean your heating pipes are buried in the solid floor? Are you sure they run that way? A bit more detail required really. Where do they enter the floor and where are the rads positioned in relation to them? That might give some clues as to the direction the pipes run and therefore help to trace any leak. Any leak in a concrete floor may show as a wet patch so floor coverings would have to be lifted.

Hi Kbdiy,
Thanks for the quick response, I say "underground" when I suppose I mean just under the floor buried in the screeding. All downstairs radiators, e.g. Kitchen, hall, dining room and living room have radiators where the pipes enter into a solid floor. All the floors appear to be concrete. In the kitchen there are areas where the pipes that must run under the floor tiles as when the radiators are on and you walk over the area bare footed then you can feel the heat from the pipes on your feet.
Any advise/help would be appreciated as I have virtually an empty system every day. I can hear one of the rads bubbling/gurgling as the water must be emptying out.
What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Well if they are in the screed and you suspect that's where the leak is then you will have to lift the floor coverings to try and trace it. I don't know of any other way, but if the leak is that serious I would expect you to have some dampness issues in the vicinity of the leak - wet carpets, blown tiles or buckled wooden floors?

Sorry can't think of anything else to suggest. Hope you can solve it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back