Mixer shower running luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can assist me with a problem I'm having in my rented house. Since coming back to the property after Christmas the mixer shower has only put out Luke warm water at best. The boiler is set to maximum and all the other hot taps run hot as normal. The mixer shower itself feels hot to touch but the water coming out of it is cold. Could it be a blocked filter? If so is there any way I can clean it without removing it from the wall? (I can't locate the stop cock)

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It's your landlords responsibility so call them and get them to send a plumber in. If you tamper with it and muck it up you'll end up paying for the repair yourself.

Well the thing is I'm pretty savvy when it comes to DIY as my father and I maintain a few rental properties of our own in a different part of the country. Plus we've been without a shower for over a week and there's 4 lads in this house and its pretty tough going without it for so long when we're constantly going out and gym etc.. if its an easy repair I might aswell have a look see

Sponsored Links
(the landlords know about the fault for over a week but keeps faffing about thinking its under warranty)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back