More Dishwasher Waste Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

I probably missing something but ...

Am trying to connect a Bosch hose to an extension via the white coupling you can see in the below pic

The extension hose on the left - fits on fine - but the Bosch hose doesn't seem to far enough onto the connector (maybe only half way?) - and drips

So - what am I doing wrong ? The bosch hose seems to be a much harder plastic than the rubbery end of the extension hose

Should I even use a connector ?
Or does the extension just go over the Bosch hose ? ( I am using jubilee clips)
Or do I just need to tighten the clip more (it was pretty tight already - and I don't want to crush the Bosch hose)

Sorry for the silly question and as usual many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its not a silly question.

Typically, you are better off with a single long hose - and the hose should be run high near the work top, not low beneath the units ( i assume kitchen base units?).

Why not look inside the Bosch inlet opening and see if there is a stop, or a rim, or a fin blocking the connector from fully engaging?

You do well not to torque down the clip.

Thanks Ree - yeah there was a rim in the Bosch hose that stops the connector being pushed in

Not sure if its the right way to do it - but I ended up not using the white connector. The extension hose was v tight fit over the Bosch hose so I just did that - with a jubilee clip on top (not too tight)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back