My mother's toilet...Flushing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother had a new toilet installed a few months ago, she is finding that it doesn't have a hard flush, more or less a short flush. Is there anything that I can do to change this please?

Sponsored Links
My mother had a new toilet installed a few months ago, she is finding that it doesn't have a hard flush, more or less a short flush. Is there anything that I can do to change this please?

what make and model is the toilet, the flush mechanism etc? these new bogs are supposed to be water saving hence they only use the absolute minimum water, giving what appears to be a weak flush. Others, especially the cheap ones from BnQ are genuinely crap lol

So much for progress. My aunt has an old toilet with a high-level Dudley Wellbottom cistern.

When you yank the chain on that mother, nothing is left behind by the Niagara that flows forth. :eek:

I think you are right diyplumber.... I did say to my mother that the ones they come out with these days are intent on saving water, I doubt very much if anything can be done about the flush........ short of finding a good old fashioned one :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Change the flush mechanism for a Flapper Flush Valve

507ukk073_dualflushflappervalve_240.png

Will a Flapper Flush Valve work better then? I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see what she has in the cistern.

The Fluidmaster flapper valve as shown (to replace a front or side lever - top button version is available) will give a dual flush. Push and release for a small flush (adjustable); push and hold and you can empty the cistern.

Toilets are now designed to clear with a small flush. Is she having problems with 'stuff' remaining in the pan? If it ain't broke......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back