my potterton profile boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help !!! How can I fix my central heating system from switching on the heating when I only have the water timer switch on! The heating is coming on even tho the room thermostat is set to zero and the control panel is 'off' for central heatiing. Only started happening this season. ps. Thanks everyone :). I am new to this so fingers crossed I can find it again . x

Sponsored Links
Faulty valve.

Armo74, thank you so much for replying. Is there just one valve or are there several and what does it look like? also, is it possible for me to replace it? (I'm a hands-on female who will do anything to save some money - hate being ripped off). Thank you again. :)

Sponsored Links
Need more info about your system

em......not sure what to tell you!. There is a silver box with 'man' and 'auto' sliding switch. The heating works ok, the water gets hot ok, all has been working fine (didn't have heating on since last winter). last week was the first time I put heating on and it worked fine. I haven't needed heat since so switched heating to off leaving water on timer, but rads are now getting warm. please ask if u want more info and I will try to find it. thanks

The valve is probably stuck in mid-position. You will need to remove the silver box to check if the valve is stuck. But not recommended if you don't feel confident in doing it.

The valve is probably stuck in mid-position. You will need to remove the silver box to check if the valve is stuck. But not recommended if you don't feel confident in doing it.

Armo74, your advice is much appreciated. I'll phone a plumber Monday but at least I have knowledge of what is wrong so they can't 'con' me. thanks again for your time/help.

We are not all like that :D

ha. I know...........if you live near to East London you would certainly get the job. Having spoken to you I will try to be less suspicious in future even tho I have been conned before - more so with my car I admit :)

Whilst some boiler repairs are somewhat over charged I come across very few dishonest repairers these days.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back