myson MPE 222 actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My central heating system is just over 6 years old. I have just replaced the myson 2 port zone valve actuator for the third time. I had to replace the first one just over 2 years ago. i.e. 3 replacements in two years. Is this unusually excessive failure? I did check that I could rotate the spindal on the actual valve by using my fingers. It is stiff but I didnt need to use plyers or anything. Have I just been unlucky?

Thanks.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
sounds like it.at £48 a pop it builds up but there are more expensive items on your heating system

I would replace the whole thing personally probably with a Honeywell as wiring and plumbing connections are the same! And Honeywell is alot more reliable! ;)

Thanks guys. Yeah I will go for Honeywell the next time, I did try to get Honeywell this time but they only had myson in stock. No doubt I will be replacing again within the year!

Sponsored Links
Use the time to try and source a valve cheap. ebay for example. Your in no rush so don't need to bid high.
Whats it failing on?
Any valve should last longer than that.
Is there corrosion inhibitor added?
Just some food for thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back