New Alpha combi boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just recently (two weeks ago) had a new combi boiler fitted, since then the pressure has dropped and turned the boiler off completely, the fitters of the boiler came back and restarted it saying could be just air in the system and it needs to rest. (as I had an emmersion and header tank before) So again it was reset and air let out but yet again the pressure is going down.....Have been told it could be a very small leak in the old pipe work (they and I checked theirs ) and could need some "stuff" put through the system to block said leak (similar to stuff you put in radiator of your car) .....So is this right or could it actually be the new Boiler???? Thanks x

Sponsored Links
Its more than likely a leak on the old system, check all visable pipes yourself, the thing they are refering to is chemical leak sealer, dont let them use it and repair leak properly it can knacker your new boiler up.
Also if the old pipes are leaking then expect to pay to get them fixed

Thanks for your reply bazdaman...... Yeh that's what I'm worried about if they put stuff through the system would it invalidate warranty ?? Also the heating system isn't that old ..... House only had 2 rads in property when I moved in in 2000... Since then had others put in at diff times...so really quiet new.... Have checked all rads for leaks can't find anything except bathroom one looks a bit iffy as if it's had a leak at some point...... The fitters came yesterday and reset the boiler and water did spurt out of a pipe they had fitted on the boiler but no leak since???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back