new radiator valve leaking, please help :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently removed my 2 downstairs radiators because i eas having the room plastered. While i was at it i thought i would replace the radiator valves.

All is ok, i read alot and managed to get all valves on ok with no leaks for 3 weeks now. The problem is not i am putting the rads back on the wall.

3 of the 4 valves are perfectly fine, but the 4th which is a drain off valve is dripping from the thread going into a coupler on the rad. I have drained and tightened and retaped twice! Panicing now as booked new floorong to be done Friday!

The only thing i can notice is the original valve threads are wider apart and maybe spikier if that makes sense, so they are a MUCH tighter fit. The valve is made by plumbsure, i csnt imagine the thread is different vetween the drain off valve and the normal ones?

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Yea its the bit that goes into the rad so there is not olive or whatever.

I put a good amount of tape on it, like i said the thread on the old partseems different so not sure if thats why?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back