New radiators leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.
I've just had a new condensing boiler and new radiators fitted.I've just noticed a lot of yellow marks down the side of the radiator and round about the side of the temp setting valve
Pretty sure these marks weren't there the other day.
Could it be leaking something?

Sponsored Links
Any idea what the yellow marks could be?What is in modern central heating radiators?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I've done that.
I'll keep an eye on it but I think there's a problem.While wiping the yellow marks away I noticed lots of tiny bubbles all the way down the edge of the radiator.It was only on this morning for about 35 minutes.
What could this be?It's a brand new radiator.

Ever considered posting a pic? Would help in diagnosing the fault.
I had already wiped the marks away but I don't know that a pic could diagnose the fault any better as it really is as I've said.Very tiny bubbles and yellowy marks/dots down the inside of the radiator.
I'll post pics if it happens again though.

They guys were out today and said sometimes this can happen but usually stops and settles down after a few times using the radiators?
He said it is the thin bits of metal extracting and sometimes they have been in a warehouse for a while and this can contribute although I'm not sure why?
Said if it was a leak it would be leaking all the time which it is not and the top nut is dry.
It's also not happened again since so hopefully they are ok and don't cause any damage.
Thanks folks.

Do you think he's full of it?
I'll be keeping an eye on them anyway but there hasn't been any more marks the last few times they've been on!

They guys were out today and said sometimes this can happen but usually stops and settles down after a few times using the radiators?
He said it is the thin bits of metal extracting and sometimes they have been in a warehouse for a while and this can contribute although I'm not sure why?
Said if it was a leak it would be leaking all the time which it is not and the top nut is dry.
It's also not happened again since so hopefully they are ok and don't cause any damage.
Thanks folks.

Never heard that before. ALL radiators have been in a warehouse for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back