No hot water coming from taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am getting no hot water coming from any taps which I assume is related to my playing with the system earlier.

There was a leak from a radiator so, rightly or wrongly, I turned the stop cock off, turned all the taps on and drained all water from the pipes (I didn't drain the hot water system though). The leak has been located and someone is coming to fix that tomorrow.

I've turned the stop cock back on, there was a rush of water and I have endless cold water but when I turn the hot taps on there's a tiny dribble for a couple of seconds then it's dead.

I didn't touch anything other than the stop cock lever and taps.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Found a couple that are pretty similar to my situation so I'll get a piece of hosing and give it a shot.

Cheers.

Close the bath/basin and any other out lets.

Place the palm of your hand under your mixer tap in the kitchen
Open the hot tap and slowly open the cold tap forcing water up the hot water pipe.
Keep your hand there for approx. 30-60 seconds
Close the cold tap and remove your hand, the hot water should run and pull out any air locks.

Andy

Sponsored Links
No mixer in the kitchen, only the bathroom sink/bath with mixers.

The house is on three levels so assume I need to start with the kitchen sink and some hose.

Ok, garden hose pipe to kitchen tap and force mains water up the hot tap, or use a wet/dry vacuum to suck the air out.

Andy

Thanks for the replies - I used the mixer tap in the bathroom and that seems to have fixed it, unless it dies again.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate that.

Well done. Let the hot kitchen tap run for a couple of minutes to remove an air that might be left.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back