Noisy bubbleing in Hot Water Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When the boiler turns on in the morning to heat the hot water, there is a lot of noise coming from the cylinder. sounds like bubbling. In my daughters room where the Pipes pass through before they get to the boiler in the garage the noise is especailly loud.

Is this somehting in the cylinder or the echo from the pipes/pumps through the induction pipework?

The system is especailly noisy in the morning.

Any help much appreciated.

Jeet

Sponsored Links
A bit more of a description of the system would help, but it sounds like the system is not full of water, hence the noises when it starts up.
Do you have a normal or unvented cylinder?
Whats in the airing cupboard?
If open vented(tanks in loft) check water level in small tank.

Thanks.

The cylinder is in the airing cupboard.

I'm not sure about normal or unvented, but the pipe that comes out of the top of the cylinder into the loft splits and one part goes to the what I believe is the hot water for the house and the other back to the feeder tank in the loft.

Also next to the boiler has a small orange metal cylinder which has a gauge which is pointing at 1.5. I remember someone saying it's a closed system.

Jeet

Also next to the boiler has a small orange metal cylinder which has a gauge which is pointing at 1.5. I remember someone saying it's a closed system.
It is. Also known as sealed or unvented.

"Orange metal cylinder" is an Expansion Vessel.

Sponsored Links
What you have is a sealed heating/hot water system and an open vented cylinder feeding your hot taps.(not uncommon at all)
Make sure that all air vents on the system are opened one at a time to ensure that there is no air in the system.
While doing this you may find that the gauge pressure drops and you will need to repressurise the system via your filling loop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back