Odd Pressure Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, hope you can help me with an odd problem I have.

Our old shower had terrible water pressure and used to scald/freeze us at random intervals. We had it replaced with a much newer shower which was able to deal with lower pressures and it has indeed improved things, at least a bit. However, when the plumber was putting the shower in he did comment on how low the water pressure seemed both at the shower and the bath taps.

I checked the main stop cock and got Scottish Water out to check if there were any issues. At my boundary there is 3.3 bar into a shared connection and at my first tap, which is just next to the stop cock there is 2.2 bar with loads of flow. So all ok there. The bath tap turned out to be a red herring as there was a stopcock under the bath which wasn't fully open. Once opened the pressure was very impressive.

So, I went about trying to find out why the shower was so weak. I traced the pipe into the loft above the shower and it is t'd off the same feed which feeds the cold water, high pressure tap. The t looks fine so I can't for the life of me thing why one would be getting great pressure and the other not, when they are both off the same feed. I don't have access to the rest of the shower feed as it goes down the back of the wall.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Really annoying!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back