oil tech guys. burner lock out on worcester heatslave 20/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the benetone type burner on it.

Been out to this 1 and found issue with the expansion vessel and hose to the vessel blocked. Sorted that all good.

The burner motor was screaming like a good'un from shot bearings, had a spare 1 so fitted that and she ran smoothly and quietly.

Custard mentioned that the burner locks out daily at any point but once the reset on the burner is pressed, it works fine.

I checked pump pressure, replaced nozzle (it was lucky) checked the fuel flow to boiler, checked the combustion. No clues there and not a lock out in sight.

Custard ran it over Xmas, it ran fine for 3 days since ii checked it over and for last week every day its locked out and needed a reset, once reset, it works fine.

Intermittent faults make my hair fall out!

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Did you inspect/clean photocell window?

Did you measure ignition gap and/or clean insulator?

Tony

Sponsored Links
i would say coil. but ignition electrode leads need checking. only way to check coil is when it does lock out. then check for resistance. to see if the coil has broken down.

Terry is right for this fault IMO, though I had one where the capacitor caused the same results when it warmed up. I found it from the flue gas measurements which were fine at start, but got worse after a few minutes, - sometimes.

cheers all.

its not the capistor as it has a new one on now when the motor was replaced.

will change 1 thing at a time to pin point it. starting with the transfomer tomorrow.

cheers again.

Just because a part is nearly new it does not mean that it cannot be at fault!

as with terry i would go with ignition transformer. very common on these. Often you can see the casing starting to deform

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back