one radiator not working after re filling system - microbore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I removed a radiator today and put stop ends on each of the 10mm tails (which comes off 22mm pipe). After re filling the system all the radiators will heat up except for one….and no amount of bleeding this radiator makes any difference :( Neither the flow or return pipe is getting warm, the 22mm pipe it comes off heats up but it won't circulate through this rad…grrrrr

I've been at this all day so any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you
Ps its a gravity system

Sponsored Links
thanks most helpful. as it happens i came across a similar post on another forum suggesting turning the upstairs hot tap on.. and it worked!! problem solved woohoo!!

I don't see how turning a hot tap on would of helped.

You just had an air lock. Turning off all the other radiators would have pushed this through and started to heat your radiator.

Sponsored Links
neither do i but i'm not a plumber (and after the stress of today i wouldn't want to be :O) all i know is it worked and i'm a happy chappy :)

tried turning off all other rads earlier today with no luck but thanks for the suggestion :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back