Paragon 2000(fanned flue) gas fire not operating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Details-Paragon 2000 Turbo(fanned flue gas fire)
This fire has been used less than thirty times over a 7 year period.
The Power to the trim switch(on/off button)is on but fan does not start when the button is depressed.Initially problem was fan was working but would not spark(first edb-electronic drive board- fitted) .Used fire several times over a 3 month period and stopped working.Had new edb fitted again and fire worked several times and has stopped again but now the fan is not operating rather than not sparking.Have contacted manufacturer and they assure me that two edb"s would not fail and there would be a separate fault-Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
So who has been doing the diagnosis and repairs?

Tony

Hi, The gas fitter the company uses who fitted the fire and fire surround originally serviced and repaired as forementioned.

Sponsored Links
Is there any output from EDB? There is an internal fuse.
When the fitter left me with the old one it looked like a sealed unit with connector points at various locations.I was present when he took the old one out but never saw him use a volt meter to check.

Is there any output from EDB? There is an internal fuse.
When the fitter left me with the old one it looked like a sealed unit with connector points at various locations.I was present when he took the old one out but never saw him use a volt meter to check.

So where are you know with him? Is he still considering the next move?

1) There can be an issue with the trim switch not contacting.

2) Have you got the heatsave version? It could be the solenoid not lifting the flap, or it could be physically binding. From memory, I am fairly sure the fan doesn't run until the flap is open (I could be wrong there, though).
If the flap is sticking, and the solenoid tries to open it, it can cause the EDM fuse to blow. Unfortunately the fuse is not resettable or replaceble, so yet another is needed.

3) Was the fan noisy or rapidly cylcling between high and low?
if it was noisy, it could simply be the fan giving up. If it was cycling, suspect the APS.

Whatever the case, he can't begin to work it out without a multimeter!

The company has telephoned me and advised me they cant keep replacing the edb and have given me a alternative phone number so I have someone else coming to look at it today.This sounds like a "cant be bothered or cant diagnose the problem" even though it cost me £145 but will see what happens today.Thanks for your advice.

Its not the heatsave version and fan has never been noisy or switching rapidly between hi/low cycles.Fan has operated normally until the most recent fault so gonna let a fresh pair of eyes look at the problem and return to the original company when problem has been resolved.Cheers

Gas Engineer has visited,diagnosed and called the technical dept. of Paragon and it seems the fan interface is faulty now(£56 plus vat)-Hopefully that will solve the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back