Plumbing in shower pump to existing pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this will have been covered but I cant find the answer.
I want to put a twin 1.5 bar shower pump feed in. Due to difficulty running new pipes from cylinder. Could I tee off before the first services (ie sink then bath). I am aware there would be a danger of air being drawn back, so is it possible to fit a directional flow valve after the tee to the pump and before the sink to solve this possible problem

Sponsored Links
This would hopefully prevent air being drawn back if someone opened a basin tap as you suggest.

The problem lies with air being drawn in from the configuration prior to this. The design of the hot water cylinder is that air and micro bubbles would find their way up the vent pipe and some inevitably would find its way down the hot water service Pipework. I would always suggest following manufacturers guidance and most specify a flange or suitable connection to de-aerate the water before the pump gets involved. Some manufacturers don't specify anything however, but always try and follow as best you can or you stand no chance with a warranty.

In the absence of anything instructions I favour a surrey flange to protect the pump from air. I can appreciate you say you can't run additional Pipework but air in a pump can be pricey...

you could always consider putting the pump in the airing cupboard and boosting both hot and cold supplies to the bathroom in question to benefit from increased flow to your bath as well if you have one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back