Potterton EP3002 Programmer replacemnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a potterton Kingfisher MF RSL100 boiler with a EP3002.

Recently our kitchen work top was replaced and the installer decided to move the RP unit by disconnecting and moving it.

at present the HW control seem to controll the CH and vice versa. Unfortunatley the thermostats still override and sp when the hot water tank is at temperature the heating cuts off.

I have ordered an EP2 to replaces the EP3002 for increased controll, but I think the wiring is wrong.

I've attached an image of the wiring, can somebody please advise if this is correct and if the EP2 can sit over this.

Really appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Anuj

Sponsored Links
Ok, so the programmer was a straight switch.

Now the hot water switch triggers the boiler to turn on, however, the heating switch doesnt seem to trigger the boiler at all.

Would the two black wires need switching?

check that the setting on your programmer is correct for your system i.e. Gravity HW or fully pumped

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply.

I've been told our system is gravity hot water and pumped heating, but how can I check?
The system has 1 pump near the boiler, but it has two honewell motorize valves on two pipes.

if it is gravity hot water a pumped heating, does that mean I cannot control them independantly?

I believe the programmer is set to pumped.

If you have two control valves then it does sound as though you have a fully pumped system but it sound like your controller is set to gravity, whne you switch the CH on on the controller does the HW come on at the same time ?

no, they can be turned on independantly, but when I turn the CH on, the light comes on, but the boiler does not ignite. when I turn the hot water on, the oiler ignites.

I thought maybe the two black wires are for the heating? and need switching?

The wires in 3 & 4 are probably transposed, but you'd need to check exactly what the other end of the wires are connected to.

the two valves you mention will have manual operating levers, these levers offer resistance when trying to move them if the valve is in the closed position, but not when in the open position, switch the CH and HW on one at a time and see if the correct valves open accordingly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back