Potterton Performa 28 hot water cutting out

S

sos3d

I read a few posts about my combi boiler issue, familiarised myself with the service manual & proceeded to remove the wrong heat exchanger (primary). I didn't know that there were two of them & now that I've managed to get it back together I've now got a serious leak from the primary heat exchanger. I'm guessing it's coming from the inlet & outlet as there doesn't appear to be any seals present. I added a couple of o rings I had but they don't seem to do the job as it continues to leak after a while. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I can seal this up once and for all?

Sponsored Links
Given the fact that you failed to interpret the manual, then managed to remove the wrong heat exchanger, then failed to notice where the 2 O rings are I have no confidence in you re-assembling the boiler safely...so the advice is to call in a pro and cease any further diy repair. The law is quite clear that you must be competent to work on your own boiler.

The forum rules dictate that no advice regarding any potential gas/combustion issues should be given....and removing the combustion chamber and fan etc is precisely that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back