Potterton Performa 30HE AAV question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler works OK, but it has a small dribble from the screw on top of the AAV. I have turned this screw down to stop the leak.
I assume it should be open a bit to allow the AAV to operate. Is this so ? Any advice would be welcome.
Ian

Sponsored Links
If you have a good system I.e not gassing up or dragging air in then it's safe to say leave it closed. If it's constantly venting air I'd say the least of your worries it a leaking AAV

Thanks very much PlumbPlumb for your quick reply, it's a sealed system. So it's safe to leave until I need to drain down for any other reason. If I should need to change it earlier is it possible to do so without draining the boiler.
Thanks again Ian

Sponsored Links
Once the pressure is out the system I.e on 0 :D Have your new AAV prepped up with PTFE unscrew the old one and exchange you should only get a dribble once the pressure is down (handy to have a towel close) repressurise and your away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back