Potterton Profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I have the above boiler, which over the last couple of years has given me a few problems. It was taking a long time to 'fire up', kept on searching and after a minute or 2 would fire. I have turned the dial on the front down to one and that seems to have stopped that. At night when the system is off, the pump seems to stay on (all night) if the power to the system is not switched off. Last night after the heating and hot water had turned off the pump was still running and I found the boiler still lit.

Is this the PCB ? Is it something I can change easily (fairly confident with electrics etc) and are there different quality boards if this is the case ?
(have seen very cheap on fleabay)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It will almost certainly be a fault with a zone valve. A seized valve or micro switch fault.

Thanks for the replies, I have had the 2 port valve changed twice (once under warranty).
Not sure if this is the same problem, a different problem or a mix !!

Sponsored Links
definately sounds like a stcking end swith on one of your 2 port zone valves, switch both CH and HW off at the external control programmer and get a multi-meter and see if you have live at the SWL possibly marked as SL cant remember off hand terminal of the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back