Potterton Suprima 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I would very much appreciate some advice on the above boiler. Recently purchased the house with this boiler in situ. The house is 10 years old and I imagine the heating system is the same age. (no guidance from the previous owner) The boiler trips out sometimes as much as 6 times a day when DWH is only required, and is marginally better when heating is on.

I am not sure if it is a circulation problem or a boiler fault. I dont want to spend a lot of money on the boiler if I can avoid it as I plan to replace it next year when a kitchen extension will begin.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
I have just moved from a property with the smaller biler in similar age.
They have a problem with the printed circuit board, there is a replacement board, I think its about £200, if you are replacing the boiler next year if it were me I would wait.
My boiler was in the loft so pain in the r's when it tripped, it tripped more in the winter with heating than when it was hot water only.

You need to specify what it is tripping out for before jumping to conclusions. What light(s) flash when it trips?

Sponsored Links
Chanign the PCB on these is not for the DIY'er.

Also, more worryingly for the prospective owner of a 100 model... there were two types. If you have the one with the fan with the motor (IIRC) rotating with the impellor, then that is an obsolete part, and the fan has to be changed with the PCB.

Not worth it. Change the POS.

Also, more worryingly for the prospective owner of a 100 model... there were two types. If you have the one with the fan with the motor (IIRC) rotating with the impellor, then that is an obsolete part, and the fan has to be changed with the PCB.

Hi Its difficult for me to change the POS this year but I certainlywill next spring. In the meantime I will have to get it fixed. I have taken the cover off and the fan looks from all I have read on this to be the later type with serial no # 5000860 Appreciate if anyone can confirm.

Many thanks

Hi Its difficult for me to change the POS this year but I certainlywill next spring. In the meantime I will have to get it fixed. I have taken the cover off and the fan looks from all I have read on this to be the later type with serial no # 5000860 Appreciate if anyone can confirm.

Many thanks

Forgot to say I have added a couple of pics of the fan

I am sure I have no airlocks but cannot be certain of blockages. There are no apparent rad cold spots but the rad water looks as black as night so expecting to see a lot of sludge when I get the system flushed before new boiler install. With overheating in mind it can sometimes trip within seconds of a cold fire up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back