Potterton Suprima 40 flashing red light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is flashing red light every few days. If I won't switch it on for few days its on for around two hours and then the lights is going red for another few days. I don't know what could be wrong. I had heating engineer coming and have a look a this but they are not sure what the problem is. They desc ale the pipes and has changed the little divided bottle inside the boiler( sorry I don't know what's names the part), they have cleaned the heat exchanger as well, but is still going back to red. It costed me so much money already and it still doesn't work. They want to change the heat exchanger but they are not sure if that's the problem. I know they want all the best but I need second opinion. Could you please advise? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Try a diferent engineer, one that agrees not to charge you if what they do doesnt fix it.

Maybe better to get a fixed price repair from BG.
Intermittent lockout on the suprima generally points to pcb especially if it's the original ,however a correct diagnosis can only be carried out by engineer checking the boiler...

Sponsored Links
Maybe even incorrect spark gap ;)
Had 2 suprima's this week with gas peeshing out the rear of the gas valve
Boilers defo manu's delight for spares ...

Thank you for your replyes. I would ask someone to give me secon opinion before changing more parts. The boiler is getting very hot when is on but the main problem is flashing red light and there is no hot water or heating. I have heard that very often it's a pcb board

Although it can be other things I find that in at least 60% of cases its the PCB.

While I will resolder the old PCB as a temporary cheap fix, the new one is far more reliable although expensive!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back