Power flushing kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I'm about to purchase a power flushing kit but I'm unsure about which one to buy. I'm not on a budget but I'd like to get value for money and I'm swaying towards the magnacleanse kit. Any advice is most welcome and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you are gas registered than apply for access to the Combustion Chamber part of this site where you can search on all the threads on flushers.

Tony

If you are gas registered than apply for access to the Combustion Chamber part of this site where you can search on all the threads on flushers.
Tony

What has power flushing got to do with Gas Safe?

One of the main reasons why power flushing is needed is that many of the clueless incompetents that install and service domestic heating systems in the UK have no training in simple fluid dynamics or water treatment. But they're Gas Safe registered, so that's all OK.

Get off your high horse one tap. Tony was just pointing out where lots of useful information could be found. I don't believe he was implying that you have to be gas safe to powerflush. fwiw I don't like powerflushing myself.

Sponsored Links
Get off your high horse one tap. Tony was just pointing out where lots of useful information could be found. I don't believe he was implying that you have to be gas safe to powerflush. fwiw I don't like powerflushing myself.

I didn't think he was.

What has Gas Safe got to do with power flushing?

What has power flushing to do with being gas safe

To fit new boilers you must be Gas Safe registered (if you want to remain legal) as part of fitting a new boiler the system must be cleaned to BS standards 7593 2006, and most RGI achieve that requirement by powerflushing. So it makes sence that a RGI must know about powerflushing and chemicals as part of his job unless that is, he wishes to get someone else in to do the powerflushing.

To fit new boilers you must be Gas Safe registered (if you want to remain legal) as part of fitting a new boiler the system must be cleaned to BS standards 7593 2006, and most RGI achieve that requirement by powerflushing. So it makes sence that a RGI must know about powerflushing and chemicals as part of his job unless that is, he wishes to get someone else in to do the powerflushing.

It does make sense that an RGI should know about powerflushing and chemical cleaning.

Is there a specific module on the RGI training syllabus that covers chemical water treatment and system flushing?

Or is it something that an RGI should know about, but often doesn't.

Onetap

There is no specific element Re powerflushing that I know about to become a registered RGI.

Re the second part of your post.
I would suggest that all RGI installers and most repairer know about powerflushing and which chemicals to use. it's just that some go in at a cheap price to win a boiler install (due to stiff competition) so some things invarably get omitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back