Pressure gauge problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This thread was originally titled "sludge remover" but I've decided to start a new thread as its a different issue

I have a Worcester combi 24cdi boiler

Ok I've used sentinel x800 in the system and seemed to be running better. I've always had a dodgy pressure gauge, in the sense that it's never moved when topping the system up so I've had to do it by "ear" with some guesswork involved. SoI've decided to replace it while I drain the system to put inhibitor in.
I've replaced pressure gauge and topped system up whilst observing pressure gauge and lo and behold the same problem. After topping system up for a good two minutes then bleeding then topping up the pressure gauge has hardly moved and sits at about 0.3 of a bar.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
When replacing the gauge, did you unblock the orifice that the capillary connects to? That's where it gets blocked.

Thanks for reply Pete

No. I didn't think to unblock it as I thought it was a case of the thin copper tube that links one end to the boiler and the other to the gauge of being blocked

How do I unblock the orifice?

You remove the capillary connection at the block and use a thin pin or screwdriver to clear the blockage. Reduce the system pressure first otherwise a jet of water will shoot out, although that's not a bad thing to happen as it will expel the debris. Just be prepared for it and protect the electrics.

Sponsored Links
So just drain a little off to relieve pressure? Will a lot of water not come out when I remove capillary end from boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back