Pressure release valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am looking for some advice. I am renovating a house and have just had a new bathroom fitted. Since installation their has been a problem with the toilet cistern not filling . The fitter has been back and after eliminating simple causes HE has come to the diagnosis that the water pressure is too high as the cistern will only fill up when the basin or bath tap has been opened. I have bought a pressure release valve which my partner will fit (he is a capable plumber ) but he does not know where to fit it. Does this fit to the mains or at the back of the toilet. Any help would be greatly appreciated ,.

Sponsored Links
If it is a reasonable quality valve that came with the toilet, then there would have been a pressure limiting insert supplied with it supplied specifically for that reason, this usually is inserted into the bottom of the fill valve. The fitter should have been aware of this.
A pressure reducing valve would be installed in the pipework before the isolation/service valve though it is cracking a nut with a sledgehammer approach IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back