Pressurised hot water system overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

we basically me and my other half have noticed the over flow pipe outside has been constantly dripping and is now getting faster and creating a puddle in the garden. Knew we had to sort it but we come home today to find a damp patch on the ceiling and its dripping through now underneath where the hot water system is.
W have looked online but we just need some advice on it really we have noticed that the tundish has quite a fast flow of water going through and its seems to be the valve we reckon and there is a damp patch surrounding itself. we dont want to touch or play with it ourselves as its a pressurised hot water system.

would be really grateful for any advice given THANKS!

Sponsored Links
So you have water dripping through your ceiling and you decide to ask a question on a DIY forum hoping for someone to give you a solution and you are prepared to wait for a correct answer, all this time you have water dripping through your ceiling, what constitutes an emergency these days?, try calling a plumber out to resolve your issue, before your whole ceiling comes down

Some pertinent information might be helpful too :rolleyes:

If you have a Megaflow have you tried following the instructions on the side of the tank?

And turn the water off to the cylinder while you decide what to do.

Sponsored Links
We turned the water off straight away. I thought that there might some advice that could maybe be.given other than the obvious ones

The best advice is get a local reputable plumber in to sort it for you, as you have said you do not intend touching it yourself, there are a few things that could cause what you describe, but without been on site to diagnose the problem, any suggestions to recitty the issue would just be guess work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back