Problem with toilet flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me, or specifically, my parents. Their toilet has stopped flushing, and has now been out of use for a couple of weeks (and their bladders are getting pretty full now!) :eek:

The cistern is a Dudley 212- A. It is a numa....numatic.....knewmatic.....pnumatic...... :idea: pneumatic :idea: cistern which is a pain in the bum. Basically, from the press switch, 2 rubber tubes/pipes feed off ( i guess for the different flush types). I found that one of these had come off the main cistern, (i actually disconnected both so I could check for any obvious breaks in the pipe, but none seen). I replaced both tubes back onto the cistern, and am happy they are where they need to be. Unfortunately, there is no vacuum when i depress the button, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to remedy this?

Of note, there is a small cylindrical 'thing' near to the press switch, with an arrow on, and im not sure what that's for, or whether i need to do anything with it. I put a piccy up.....of the thing, not me.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I think I'd be checking the function of the push button here....usually they need to deliver a sharp pulse of air to get the flush going.
John :)

Well I've been pumping the button with my thumb without the cover switch even on, and it's not doing anything at all so don't think it's that. Thanks anyway

This is obvious faulty push button flush not enough air to engage flush, just get a new one, is just complicated plastic components

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for that. Ill try changing it, and see what happens. Im still clueless to what the thing is with the arrow on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back