Pumping House Water from whole house pump

S J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All

OK I am fed up with the water pressure of my taps in my bathroom and now want to fit a whole house pump as fitting a new shower too. So my plan is to but the Salamander whole house pump and run to the existing hot water fed taps, and existing cold water taps.

I am looking at picking up the cold feed from the tank 22mm, and break it in the airing cupboard and run the feed into the pump and then link up the cut pipe going to the existing cold taps to the output of the pump and then use this feed in the bathroom for my shower.
Now the hot, I can't put an essex flange into the cylinder due to it position, so I was going to come off the top of the cylinder and run it into the pump. The pipe which then goes and feed my hot taps, (like with the cold explained above) connect to the output of the pumps hot side. My question is where I 't' off for the pump on the hot (top of cylinder) do I just cap the bottom of the 't' which would of feed domestic hot water system so the vent pipe can still work, or should I feed the pump from this point (low down which would go and feed domestic hot water) or am I still better feeding the pump from the top as suggested and cap the pipe just below the t for the vent??

Hope this makes sense and someone understands me and can help me out??

Thanks So Much!!!

Sponsored Links
Ok cool, thanks Andy.

To be honest I was looking at Stuart Turner pumps too, they are a bit more money but if better then I will get one as only see good things about them, so appreciate your recommendation, but do you know about the answers to my plumbing questions?

Thanks

Place the pump next to the hot water cylinder and use the cold supply from the tank and the hot from the cylinder. I can send you some pictures tomorrow of one I done a couple of weeks ago.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Place the pump next to the hot water cylinder and use the cold supply from the tank and the hot from the cylinder. I can send you some pictures tomorrow of one I done a couple of weeks ago.

Andy

Cool, thats where I was looking to put the pump, and the cold I think I have sorted, its just where to take the inlet supply to pump from (a new 't' in horizontal pipework before vent pipe and just have the vent running up as not needing to feed domestic water anymore - or use the pipework running down the cylinder after vent which currently feeds all hot to enter pump now?)
If you have done this and have pictures that be cool as pictures explains much better than words!!
Cheers

Cut into the hot supply pipe after the vent, into pump then back into the pope work.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back