radiator half ful and not bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a bungalow which part of the attic has been converted into a bedroom. The central heating system was originally gravity fed by a header tank but was switched to a sealed pressurised system.
The pressure is just above 1bar and attempted to bleed the top radiator but it did not do anything no air or water gushing out.
Both valves are open.
When the central heating is on the bottom half gets scalding hot while the top stays cold and eventually warms up but no where near as hot at the bottom half.

Is there anything I can do to sort it?

Sponsored Links
1 bar should be way more than enough to push out the air in a radiator upstairs. I would check that the radiator bleed valve is not blocked with gunge by removing the screw completely and checking the hole.

Might be wise to close both radiator valves first in case any blockage clears and things rapidly get out of hand. :)

As said, take the bleed nipple out and stick a pin in the hole (then its squeaky bum time getting the nipple back in quickly ;) )

Sponsored Links
As said, take the bleed nipple out and stick a pin in the hole (then its squeaky bum time getting the nipple back in quickly ;) )

Turned out the bleed valve was clogged, Ive been bleeding it for 5mins as its still not bled but ive gotta re-pressurise the system as no more are will come out.
Off back into the attic I go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back