Radiators cold at bottom, but some burning hot please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had some building work done and had my Vaillant boiler relocated to the garage. I have also had 2 new radiators fitted.

A couple of my existing radiators are burning hot even when on temperature 0 or 1 setting.

But 2 of my exisitng radiators are cold at the bottom and hot at the top.

Please could anyone advise what the problem may be and is there something I can do myself to put it right. I have told the plumbers a few times this is a problem but they don't seem to want to correct it. :?:

Sponsored Links
Once fully heated a typical symptom with rads is:- Cold at the top hot at the bottom= Air, remedy bleed the air out. OR hot at the top cold at the bottom = Sludge, remedy drain, remove and flush and flush out with a hose pipe and a rubber mallet banging at the same time. If your boiler is a combi hurry up and get a magnaclene fitted to it before the sludge kills it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back