Radiators cold but boiler working ? Ideal Logic Combi 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We own a Ideal Logic Combi 24.
Over the last week or so, the heat has been decreasing in the downstairs radiators. Today the heat disappeared from both the upstairs and downstairs radiators.

This evening I turned off all the left hand valves on the upstairs rads, in the hope this would send the heat downstairs..2 hours later a small success, in that the downstairs rads were lookwarm,at best..but no more.

The boiler is located in the loft and is only 2 years old. Of course the warranty ran out last week !!

The operation mode goes to status C, and then Status C with the burner sign..but burner sign does not stay on long. Hot water still works fine.

The boiler was only serviced a month or so ago, so I am assuming nothing major should have gone wrong ?

If anyone has any ideas what I could try, to get this fixed, it would be much appreciated, as there are no funds at present to call a plumber out!

Thanks in advance
Anthony

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to have been covered by the warrantee!

Wait for the water performance to deteriorate next.

What does the Gas reg installer have to say about it?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to have been covered by the warrantee!

Wait for the water performance to deteriorate next.

What does the Gas reg installer have to say about it?

Tony

Have not had chance to call them yet. Plan to do this tomorrow, but do not hold out much hope they will look at for free. I also checked pressure, is ok at 1.5 bar.. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back